Terms and Conditions
Equipment located outside the UK mainland is excluded from this tariff and will be quoted individually.
1. Cover is provided by Numed Holdings Ltd trading as Numed Healthcare (The Company)
2. The cover includes:
a) Unlimited number of requests for Hardware Technical support during normal working hours (9am-5pm
excluding public & National holidays). When ever possible, problems will be diagnosed and rectified
over the telephone. If this is not possible arrangements will be made to either ship the equipment to the
Company or make a site visit to rectify the problem (dependent on the level of cover).
b) For contracts covering Parts and Labour, the free and automatic repair or replacement of any part of the
equipment covered which has failed during normal working use, excluding batteries and consumables.
Neglect, misuse or abuse will not be covered.
c) Where applicable, unlimited Software support is provided for software packages distributed specifically
by the Company. Limited support is available for packages supplied as part of the Computer package as
supplied to the Company. (Eg. Word processing packages)
d) Free use of loan equipment (subject to availability) where a repair cannot be affected within 48 hours of
receipt of the faulty equipment.
e) Where available and permitted by the Customer, unlimited Remote Desktop Support through a secure
Internet based software support package.
3. The cover excludes:
a) Any items not purchased from the Company
b) Software not included as part of the original or subsequent purchases from the Company
c) Any problem or reconfiguration of software or hardware caused by the introduction or installation of
software not supplied by the Company
d) Any problem or reconfiguration of software or hardware caused by viruses, trojans or similar 'infections'
introduced by the installation of software not supplied by the Company
e) Damage caused in transit to the Company from the Customer
f) Consumable & Expendable items including, but not limited to, cables, leads, filters, cells, sensors,
batteries, cuffs, tubing, electrodes and styli.
g) The company shall not be held liable for the loss of any data. It is the Customers responsibility to see
systems are regularly backed up to an external storage media.
h) Any parts damaged by the Customer due to neglect, misuse (including failure to follow the
manufacturer's instructions), unauthorised modification or attempts at servicing or repairing of the
equipment, or connection or addition to the equipment of unauthorised peripheral equipment.
i) Non-mandatory software or hardware amendments to equipment as originally supplied.
j) Modifications to the equipment required as a result of mandatory or statutory regulations not in effect at
the time of original supply of the equipment.
The Company's decision in these matters shall be final and binding on the Customer.
4. The Customer shall:-
a) Promptly notify the Company of all faults and defects in the equipment.
b) Conscientiously carry out the routine operator maintenance programmes specified in the equipment
c) Not maintain, repair, modify the equipment or attach unauthorised peripheral equipment, nor allow any
third party to do so, without the written approval of the Company.
d) Only use consumable or expendable items and accessories that are approved by the Company.
e) Make available to the Company any of the documentation applicable to the equipment.
f) Make payment of the Contract charges before commencement of the Contract and make punctual
payment of any other charges arising as a consequence of this Service Contract or the provision of
g) Make a regular back up of any data the Customer deems valuable to an external and reliable media.
5. The Company shall if necessary repair or, at its option, replace on an exchange basis any component that shall have
become defective or shall have reached the limit of its working life. In the event of any parts not being available, or the
equipment being declared obsolete by the manufacturer, or the Company deems a repair uneconomical, the Company
MediServe Terms and Conditions.doc 15/12/2009 12:48:00
reserves the right to offer a replacement unit of similar specification. In the event of a similar unit not being available, or
the unit offered not being acceptable to the customer, the Company will refund a percentage of that year's MediServe
Contract payment, in line with the cancellation charges available on request.
6. All components replaced or exchanged shall become the property of the Company.
7. The Company will endeavour to remedy any breakdown, failure or stoppage of the equipment as promptly as it is able
and will endeavour to maintain the equipment in good working order but the Company shall not be under liability for any
delays or for failures attributed to the causes beyond its control. In the event of delay due to unavailability of
Manufacturer's parts or slow turn-round the Company will endeavour, at its discretion, to provide an alternative service
a) Loan equipment
b) Processing Service
8. On-site visits, where applicable under the terms of the contract in force, shall be made at a time mutually agreeable to the
Company and the Customer. On completion of the service visit the Customer may be required to sign a copy of the
Service Engineer's Report, which shall be evidence of the satisfactory completion of the work described therein.
9. When an on-site visit has been arranged, a surcharge will be made if the Service Engineer is unable to gain adequate
access to the equipment at the time appointed for the visit, or if it is necessary for safety or other reasons outside the
Company's control, to provide more than one Service Engineer. The surcharge shall be calculated at the Breakdown
Service rate per additional visit or Engineer.
10. The Company will present an invoice for the Contract charges for subsequent years of the Contract approximately one
month prior to the end of the existing Contract period.
11. This Contract between the Company and the Customer and cannot be transferred or assigned to a third party without the
express written permission of the Company.
12. Either party may terminate the Contract by giving the other party 28 days notice in writing.
13. In the event of termination by the Customer a percentage of the Contract charge will be refunded, the amount refunded
being dependent on the length of time the Contract has been in force. In addition, 75% of any repair costs and/or call-out
costs incurred before the Contract is cancelled will be charged to the customer, irrespective of the time remaining on the
14. In the event of termination by the Company a refund or reduction in the charges rendered will be made which at the
Company's discretion it considers to be equitable.
15. This Contract shall terminate immediately if the Customer becomes insolvent, unable to pay his debts or commits any act
of bankruptcy or if the Customer fails to pay by the due date any charge arising from this Contract.
16. All charges are stated exclusive of Value Added Tax, which shall be added at the rate applicable on the date of invoicing.
17. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company, these Terms and Conditions take precedence over the Terms and
Conditions of the Customer's enquiry or purchase order.
18. This Contract shall be subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.